Of course you’re going to ask them the obvious questions “How much will it cost me?” and “When will I completely cover my power bill with solar panels?” and “When can you have them installed and operational?” But there are so many more questions you should be asking your solar provider when you’re considering the large and important investment of solar panels for your Utah home or business. Just like your doctors appointments and parent-teacher conferences, it’s always best to be prepared with your questions in advance to get the best possible conversation and answers.
Top Questions to Ask Your Solar Provider
- What if I’m Unhappy with Solar? Often customers just focus on what solar can do for them, and how much it will cost. It can be helpful to talk up front about what kinds of guarantees, warranties, or production promises. How much should it be producing? And what if it doesn’t produce that much? Can I return or get a warranty?
- Do you have a reference list? It’s always a good idea to talk to other homes or businesses like you – not bigger, not smaller, just like you. Talk to them and see if there is a list of references to whom you can speak to hear their opinions and experience. Ask them if there’s anything else they’d change about their solar experience.
- What makes you different? There are a lot of solar companies in Utah, so it’s important to ask each one what sets them apart from other companies. Is it pricing? Quality? Size? You can’t be the same as everyone else, so what are your unique qualities?
- What complaints have you heard and how have you fixed them? A mature response to this question will be a huge sign that the company you’re working with will respond to your needs and concerns. A company who says they have no complaints is probably being untruthful, but those who can share complaints they’ve resolved have a good reputation for customer service.
- What’s your business history and future? There are so many different solar companies, but they are often being bought, sold, or going out of business. How do I know that your company will stick around through the life of my solar panel system? You don’t want to purchase a solar panel system just for your solar company to go out of business a few years down the road, leaving you with no support.
Thinking through each of these questions, and any additional questions you may have, before you meet with a solar panel company can help you get the most out of your discussions and leave you with a more complete picture. Having all the information will put you in the position to make the best possible decision for your Utah home or business in terms of your solar panel options. If you have questions or would like a free consultation or comparison, call us today.