You’ve started seeing those shiny panels popping up all over your street. Solar energy is here, and it’s here to stay. By now you probably know a handful of people close to you who have made the switch to solar panels for their homes, and you might be wondering why. In case you’re too embarrassed to ask them, we’ll tell you why.
Five Reasons Your Neighbors Are Going Solar
- Ditch the Power Bill. The top reason that your neighbors are choosing solar is so they can stop paying that huge expensive power bill every single month. When you choose solar you are supplying your own power to the house, so your power bill will slowly decrease and then eventually disappear!
- Save the Planet. When you choose solar energy you are contributing to some serious green power. Solar energy is clean and renewable, so it’s much better for the environment. Maybe some of your neighbors are passionate environmentalists. Or maybe they just want to do their part.
- Home Value. The overall value of your home and property increases with the adoption of solar panels. Many homeowners choose to install solar panels simply to make their home more attractive in a saturated market. This means that if you and your neighbor decide to sell your homes at the same time – there’s is likely to go for more than yours is!
- Tax Incentives. Did you know that your neighbors are actually getting some good tax breaks because of those solar panels? They are getting federal, state, and local tax incentives, and even rebates. Especially now before there are potential changes from the new White House, the incentives for solar energy are pretty impressive. Most solar companies offer competitive financing and payment plans that also make solar panels more affordable than you’d expect.
- Ahead of the Curve. Admit it. You just KNOW the Joneses got solar panels because they wanted to be ahead of the curve. Well, so what if they did? Solar panels are the future, and eventually everyone will have them. The Joneses will just be able to say that they had them first. You don’t want to lag too far behind, do you?
If you haven’t yet made the jump to solar energy – what are you waiting for? Now you know why all of your neighbors are starting to make the switch. These are just five of the compelling reasons to purchase solar panels, and of course there are many more. To hear more about solar panels and to see what works for you, call Mountain States Solar & Roofing.