As solar power grows more and more prevalent, it’s surging into neighborhoods around the country. You’ve probably seen the homes in your town introduce solar panels in recent years. They have come a long way and are helping millions of families save on their energy bills and promote green practices for the environment. But it doesn’t stop there. Solar panels aren’t just for homes and neighborhoods and there are several options for commercial solar power.
Solar panels are actually making a play in the business world. Commercial properties have been some of the newest developments using solar energy, and it will only continue to grow. Business owners have found that making the switch to solar panels can reap multiple benefits.
Why Your Business Should Use Solar Power
- Savings on Utilities. It’s the same reason that homeowners choose solar panels. Utilities bills are a huge expense and they tend to grow with the size of the building. What could your business do with the extra money that isn’t going to a pricey power bill? It may seem trivial but if you add up the cost per year you will be surprised.
- Storing/Selling extra energy is much more likely with business real estate. Businesses tend to have more roof area and accessibility. This means that businesses can house more solar panels, harnessing more solar energy and storing it for future use. In many states and communities the local power grid will buy excess energy from you, so solar panels can actually MAKE your business money.
- Green Initiative – going green with solar energy is an excellent legacy for your company. There are many customers and other businesses which will be impressed and motivated by your use of solar energy. It can open many doors, bring you business, and create a reputation of respectability. Businesses using solar panels will always be seen as smart and globally conscious.
- Ahead of the curve. In the future, everyone will be using solar panels for energy. Sooner or later all homes and businesses will adopt solar energy technology. You can be ahead of the curve, showing your prowess as a business that is concerned about the future and ready to tackle whatever it brings. Think about the internet – companies that were slow to adopt the internet lost business and even fell by the wayside! Those who learn to harness new technologies will find themselves ready to meet the future and grow their business.
- Tax incentives. The upfront cost may seem daunting, but did you know it can be a huge tax advantage to install solar panels for your business? Solar panel purchase and installation is subsidized by the federal and state government, and you receive great tax credits and returns for making the switch to solar panels.
Whether you own a small business or large, choosing solar panels can make a big difference. Not only can you eliminate your energy expenses, but you can also end up making money and bolstering your reputation as a company that is both environmentally friendly and tech-savvy.
Call or contact Solar Power Utah to see if solar panels are right for your Utah business.