As you weigh your options between solar panels, standard power, making your home more energy efficient, and financial consequences, there are so many things of which you need to be aware. You may be tempted to just sign up with a solar company because your neighbor did, or you may resist solar panels because they seem new and strange to you. Either way – we’d ask you to do a little bit of research and be aware of these 5 important things to know about solar before you make a decision for your Utah home or business.
5 Important Things to Know About Solar
- All Solar Is Not Created Equal. For the most part the technology and equipment looks and functions the same, but the pricing, payment models, installation, and customer service will vary widely. Utah has hundreds of solar companies vying for your business, so take your time and research one that will give you a competitive price, efficient installation, kind and listening customer service, and a bonus: success in other home & construction ventures. Solar Power Utah knows what it takes to build, renovate, update, and protect a home, and our solar is the best you can get.
- Rebates, Credits, Discounts. The sticker price of an entire solar panel system for your Utah home or business can be daunting, but rest assured that it doesn’t actually have to be that much. There are huge rebates and discounts that can be applied to the price, and you will receive a huge tax credit when you file taxes for the upcoming year.
- Payment Plan vs. Monthly Utilities. You may sign up for a payment plan for solar which will include a low monthly payment. Keep in mind that the solar panels will be decreasing or even eliminating your utilities over time, and that your payments will eventually end. It’s an investment in the future.
- It May Not Cover Everything. It’s important to know going into this that you may not be able to cover your home’s entire power needs simply with solar panels. It will depend on the size of your roof, your family’s energy needs, and several other factors. A free consultation with Solar Power Utah can help you determine exactly how much you can get or will need.
- You’ll Have it One Day! Eventually every home and business in the United States will have made the move to solar panels. This means you’re just waiting for the inevitable, but you could be saving and investing right away if you make the jump.
Solar panels are an incredible update for any home or business, but you will probably still have questions and research. Solar Power Utah has answers and information for you, so call today!